A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, November 16, 2017

What should I say when I meet Hillary Clinton?


Friends, on November 30th, my mom and I are traveling to Philly to see Hillary Clinton on her book tour. She will be at the Kimmel Center speaking to a large audience. I treated my mom and I to VIP tickets, meaning we are sitting right up front, we get an autographed copy of her book, and...

WE GET TO DO A MEET AND GREET!

I am sure the meet and greet will be very quick. A greeting, handshake, and quick photograph. (There will be a professional photographer there to take our picture and we will download it later.)

My guess is I will have time to blurt out one sentence. I have thought long and hard about what I want to say when I meet Hillary. Lots of things pop into my mind...

You inspire me to do all the good that I can.

I was so upset with the election results that I put up my Christmas lights three days later.

I admire you.

Thank you for working hard on behalf of our country.

I feel like whatever I say will probably be similar to what a lot of people say to her. I don't want it to sound rehearsed, even though I will rehearse what I'm going to say so I don't mess it up!

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I was to make sure I say the right thing, but I'm having a very hard time coming up with the perfect thing!

Note: I am also trying to not be too excited about this event until it actually happens because what if it doesn't!? What if she gets sick or something? Or it snows and we can't travel? I always think of worse case scenario...
If you could meet anyone, who would it be, and what would you say?

OMG AND WHAT SHOULD I WEAR WHEN I MEET HER???

20 comments:

  1. I would keep it positive and skip the comment about your Christmas lights :) Sounds like an awesome experience for you and your Mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan - I think anything you say will be perfect. I really love her too and would just say, thank you for all that you do for this country.
    If I could meet anyone it would be President Obama and VP Biden (you met him, right?). What incredible men - I would probably just want to hug them.
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to meet Obama too! I didn't speak to Joe but I was at a rally he spoke at and stood right next to him so I could take vid/pictures as he gave my nephew a big kiss on the cheek!

      https://meggorun.blogspot.com/2016/11/biden-rally-for-hillary-and-katie.html

      Delete
  3. I say you tell her everything you listed above. How many other chances would you have to talk to her ? say it all!


    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure I will be allowed to hand her a note, but maybe if I wrote a note, I could just quickly tell her the cliff notes version. :) I did think about telling her about teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! I am so excited for you. I think if I met her I would just say "thank you". She has done SO much in her lifetime. So much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. :) She has done so much. I get exhausted thinking about how hard she works.

      Delete
  6. I am always so star struck when get to meet famous or well known people. I would probably get all choked up and not know what to say, or just talk really fast because I'd be so excited that I am meeting them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who have you met that has left you star struck?

      Delete
  7. Yes - tell her that she inspires you. I'm sure she gets that a lot, but if I were in her shoes, I would never tire of hearing that.

    Alternatively, you could ask "How close did the lamp come to hitting Bill?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA!!!! She is a strong woman for sure, for putting up with Bill's shit.

      Delete
  8. Sometimes evil triumphs. Like you, we can't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely start with the christmas lights comment. That will get you both laughing and the rest should be easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing opportunity. I have no idea what I would say... so I am no help, but I hope you have the bestest time.

    ReplyDelete